Welcome to our new synthetic hockey ground at Elwood College!
Used for MCC Hockey club training, winter games, junior and senior development and summer competitions and also available for limited community and sports club hire.
We also have a ground and club facilities at Melbourne High School in South Yarra.
[See updates from time to time on what’s happening at Elwood here.]
All ground usage (club and hirers) must be booked prior with the bookings manager.
Elwood Secondary College, 101 Glen Huntly Rd, Elwood (map) – enter via Shelly St (see parking instructions below)
Get there by:
- Bus – 246 Clifton Hill – Elsternwick Station via St Kilda, stops outside
- Train – Elsternwick Station and 20min walk down Glen Huntly Rd or 246 bus (Clifton Hill direction) above
- Trams on Brighton Rd and 20min walk down Glen Huntly Rd
- Bike or walk if live locally
- Drive (parking info below)
Access and parking map below (plan ahead!)
- 1st class FIH accredited synthetic sand dressed surface Poligras H2Oz COOLplus
- Lights 500LUX hockey games / 250LUX training & other
- Hockey goals (match and training)
- Full ground, half ground and quarter ground lines
- Player shelters and covered technical bench area
- Electronic scoreboard
- On school car parking (restricted access)
Approx travel times (car) to local hockey grounds
- MHS 18min
- Albert Park 12min
- Hawthorn 20min
Elwood College is surrounded by residential houses so parking and traffic is an important issue for residents and the Club.
- All hirers, participants and spectators must treat our facility with appropriate respect and must be considerate of our neighbours when you arrive, while you are here and when you leave.
Parking – plan ahead!
A dedicated sealed car park for after school MCC hockey club and hirer use is available for 30 cars – boom gate access code is required.
Take care entering and give way to cars exiting.
There is limited parking in surrounding streets and usually lots more parking on Glen Huntly Rd in front of the school (walk through to ground) – check signs for parking restrictions (including permit parking only).
For weekend games please refer to the map below for parking suggestions.
Enter via pedestrian gates on Goldsmith and Shelly Streets
See the Elwood hockey ground access map_2022 for ground details and parking
Ground footwear guide
Toilets – where are they and how do I access?
The toilets are located behind the new school building via the passage where the water tanks are (see the map and the way is well lit at night)
They open for a set period when the organisers open the hockey entry gate
If the toilets are locked please ask your group organiser to reset them open.
Ground use and Hire
ONLY AUTHORISED HIRERS, PARTICIPANTS, OFFICIALS AND HIRE GROUP SPECTATORS PERMITTED
The ground is available for limited hire outside of school hours to local sports clubs and community groups and other schools for appropriate use – terms and conditions apply (including for public liability insurance). Hire fees per hour –
with lights – $ 150 incl GST
no lights – $121 incl GST
discount rates for regular community hirers – $ on application incl GST
You can make an initial hire application here
CAR PARK ENTRY – CODE NEEDED