Our new synthetic hockey ground at Elwood College is expected to be completed at the start of Term 2 2020.
Elwood Secondary College, Glen Huntley Rd, Elwood
Get there by:
- Bus – 246 Clifton Hill – Elsternwick Station via St Kilda, stops outside
- Train – Elsternwick Station and 20min walk down Glen Huntley Rd or 246 bus (Clifton Hill direction) above
- Bike if live locally
- Walk if live locally
Access and parking map below (plan ahead!)
- 1st class FIH approved synthetic sand dressed surface Poligras H2Oz COOLplus
- Lights 500LUX (300LUX training)
- Hockey goals (match and training)
- Full ground, half ground and quarter ground lines
- Player shelters and covered technical bench area
- On school car parking
Approx travel times (car) to local hockey grounds
- MHS 18min
- Albert Park 12min
- Hawthorn 20min
- Brighton Secondary College 12min
The ground will be available for limited hire outside of school hours to local sports clubs and community groups for appropriate use – terms and conditions apply (including for insurance) and fees are payable (tba).
Enquiries – tba
Indicative availability winter 2020 (terms 2&3)
- Weeknights from 4.30pm tba
- Sunday mornings tba
- Sunday afternoons tba
Indicative availability summer (terms 1&4)
- Most weeknights from 4.30pm
- Restricted availability Saturdays
- Restricted availability Sundays
Elwood College is surrounded by residential houses so parking and traffic is an important issue for residents and the Club.
- We will develop an access map and parking guidelines.
- All hirers, participants and spectators must treat our facility with appropriate respect and must be considerate of our neighbours when you arrive, while you are here and when you leave.
Parking – plan ahead
A dedicated car park for after school use will be available for 30 cars.
Overflow parking is on Glen Huntley Rd in front of the school.
Access and parking map to come