Welcome to our new synthetic hockey ground at Elwood College!
We also have a ground and club facilities at Melbourne High School in South Yarra.
Elwood Secondary College, 101 Glen Huntly Rd, Elwood (map)
Get there by:
- Bus – 246 Clifton Hill – Elsternwick Station via St Kilda, stops outside
- Train – Elsternwick Station and 20min walk down Glen Huntly Rd or 246 bus (Clifton Hill direction) above
- Trams on Brighton Rd and 20min walk down Glen Huntly Rd
- Bike if live locally
- Walk if live locally
Access and parking map below (plan ahead!)
- 1st class FIH accredited synthetic sand dressed surface Poligras H2Oz COOLplus
- Lights 500LUX hockey games / 250LUX training & other
- Hockey goals (match and training)
- Full ground, half ground and quarter ground lines
- Player shelters and covered technical bench area
- Electronic scoreboard
- On school car parking (restricted access)
Approx travel times (car) to local hockey grounds
- MHS 18min
- Albert Park 12min
- Hawthorn 20min
Ground use and Hire
ONLY AUTHORISED HIRERS, PARTICIPANTS, OFFICIALS AND HIRE GROUP SPECTATORS PERMITTED
The ground is available for limited hire outside of school hours to local sports clubs and community groups and other schools for appropriate use – terms and conditions apply (including for public liability insurance). Hire fees per hour –
- with lights – $ 120 incl GST
- no lights – $100 incl GST
- discount rates for regular community hirers – $ on application incl GST
You can make an initial hire application here
Indicative availability summer (terms 1&4)
- Some weeknights from 4.30pm
- Restricted availability Saturdays
- Restricted availability Sundays
The ground may also be available weekdays during school holidays
Elwood College is surrounded by residential houses so parking and traffic is an important issue for residents and the Club.
- All hirers, participants and spectators must treat our facility with appropriate respect and must be considerate of our neighbours when you arrive, while you are here and when you leave.
Parking – plan ahead
A dedicated sealed car park for after school MCC hockey club and hirer use is available for 30 cars – boom gate access code is required.
Take care entering and give way to cars exiting.
There is also limited parking in surrounding streets and usually lots more parking on Glen Huntly Rd in front of the school (walk through to ground) – check signs for restrictions.
For weekend games please refer to the map below for parking suggestions.
Ground footwear guide
CAR PARK ENTRY – CODE NEEDED