ONE CLUB – TWO GROUNDS
Construction of our new second hockey ground at Elwood College has commenced (contractor is Polytan who also did our relays at MHS) with completion start of term 2 2020.
We are not moving!
We are enhancing our experiences and providing NEW opportunities for people aged 4 to 70+ to be active in sport.
We will maintain a strong presence at Melbourne High School and in South Yarra as our #1 ground across all competitions.
Our social facilities will remain at MHS.
ELWOOD COLLEGE GROUND FEATURES
- FIH standard synthetic hybrid surface dedicated hockey ground (hockey lines only, no tennis lines)
- 500 lux LED lights with minimal spill and glare (switch down to 300 lux and half ground, NO light spill on neighbours – see example)
- Central location (and < 20 minute drive from MHS) with 30 on-school parking spots for users and public transport options
- Completion start Term 2 2020
FANTASTIC BENEFITS FOR MCC HOCKEY AND THE SPORT
- Fantastic new junior growth corridor – Elwood and neighbouring Glen Eira
- Expanded junior development programs across two venues
- Expanded junior team training opportunities across two venues
- Potential for new adult social competitions
- Better senior winter training and home game times (use as an overflow facility)
- Better opportunities for Masters games accross two venues
- Enhanced sponsorship opportunities supporting community sport participation
- Long term secure tenancy, providing certainty that the facility will be maintained
FANTASTIC BENEFITS FOR ELWOOD COLLEGE’S 800+ STUDENTS
Replacing the current unkept area which was covered by school buildings until recently, with a surface that can be used all year round in all conditions for lots more student sport and passive recreation.
BENEFITING LOCAL BOYS AND GIRLS LOOKING TO BE ACTIVE AND INVOLVED IN TEAM SPORT
BENEFITING OLDER ADULTS LOOKING TO STAY ACTIVE IN A SOCIAL TEAM ENVIRONMENT
EXPANDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARTICIPATION IN HOCKEY ACROSS ALL SKILLS LEVELS AND ALL AGES
Read more about our community club HERE
More Elwood details HERE